Charles G Beale ADAMS
Primarily a St Ives artist, Beale Adams exhibited at the RCPS from 1897, and three paintings - Lelant Estuary, Hayle River and Morning - at the Whitechapel Exhibition in 1902. From 1898 he also exhibited at St Ives Show Days. He is recorded as living at Porthia from 1898, and Primrose Cottage, St Ives, until 1911 when he left the area to live in Ilfracombe Devon. Nevertheless, he returned upon occasion, exhibiting at Show Days from 1919-1924 and at the NAG-Revival exhibition (following WWI) in September of 1920. He displayed two of his ‘excellent sea paintings’, Last of the Light and Wild Weather, at the 1924 Show Day in St Ives, ‘works typical of this well known artist.’ [reviewer] By 1926 he was living again at St Ives at Lyonesse, Talland Road, where he remained until 1939 (Kelly’s).