Marjorie ALINGTON

1890—1963

Ida Marjorie Alington nee Bland was born in Duffield, Derbyshire.  As yet, nothing is known about her early life or studies.  However in 1923 in Belper, Derbyshire she married the Rev Julius Hugh Alington (1875-1966), a younger son of Julius Alington, Lord of the Manor of the Manor of Little Barford, Bedfordshire and St Neots, Hunts.

In the early 1940s Alington lived in a studio on Porthmeor beach in St Ives until it was overwhelmed by the sand. In 1944 she became a student of Leonard John FULLER, after exhibiting with STISA in 1943, later becoming a member.

A family correspondent has contributed information that she lived for a period at the White House, Newlyn but that from the 1950s she lived in Mariners Cottage, Penzance, where she died in 1963.